Story 1: Case # 2023-18734 – Weapons Law Violations (Occurred on 04.19.23)
- Officer observed a 2005 Nissan Maxima traveling at a high rate of speed.
- Officer activated unit’s emergency lights and sirens, and initiated a traffic stop.
- Driver of vehicle: 20-year-old Omar Montemayor of Baytown.
- Two other male passengers were identified: a juvenile and 19-year-old Kayleb Garfield of Baytown.
- Case Status: Harris County ADA accepted the following charges: Montemayor was charged with Possession of Controlled Substance and Unlawful Carrying Weapon, Garfield was charged with Unlawful Carrying Weapon.
Story 2: On Friday, April 21, the driver of a transport truck lost control and hit a utiliy pole on Highway 146 South near Missouri Street. Live electrical wires fell on top of the truck and caused a power outage in the area. No other information is available.
Story 3: A drive-by shooting occurred on South Seventh at Briarwood around 8:30 P.M. Friday night. The victim went by private vehicle to the hospital with a wound to the leg. Police are investigating at the scene.